Become the ***Gentleman Warrior***. The nature of modern threats often demands a rifleman be ready to respond immediately under incredible pressure to deliver effective fire on a multitude of enemy assailants or combatants to quickly and efficiently mitigate the threats. This Rex Defense LLC Designated Marksman Rifle course is an advanced tactical marksmanship class specifically geared for the shooter who wants to get the most out of their DM rifle in a kinetic environment. This is going to be a thinking man’s course suitable only for the most disciplined individuals who want to extend their effectiveness to the outer limits of what they formerly thought possible. The fight may be thrust upon you at a moment’s notice, will you be ready?
TRAINING OBJECTIVES: We will establish discipline & mindset: Warrior – Gentleman – Scholar. You will accomplish full Designated Marksmanship spectrum dominance through mastery of conventional and specialized equipment. You will learn advanced designated marksman medium and long range rifle zeroing techniques. You will be able to achieve Time On Target (TOT) engagement proficiency at unknown distances with precision fire out to and beyond 600 yards. You will understand designated marksmanship challenges, the skills needed to maximize your combat effectiveness, and it this discipline’s moral application potential during long term emergency scenarios.
In this class you will learn:
- Overview of the Discipline as a Gentleman-Warrior-Scholar
- Balancing Thoughtful and Decisive Actions
- Overview of External Ballistics
- DMR Reticle Use (BDCs, Mil-Grids, and others)
- DMR Zeroing for TOT Effectiveness from PBR to LR Target Interdiction
- The Realities of Target Prioritization
- UKD Target Engagement (from PBR to LR)
- Introduction to Small Unit Tactics and Multiplying Force Potential
- Fighting With A Purpose
DIRECTIONS TO MCSA
401 Ellen Chapel Road
Lewistown, PA 17044
From State College – 322 east.
Burnham/Yeagertown exit (Super 8 motel “717-242-8888”), right on to the Ferguson Valley Rd. approximately 2 miles to Ellen Chapel Ln., turn right, go through “yellow gate” and follow road past large pond, right to Archery range and left to Clubhouse, 5 stand, trap, handgun and rifle ranges.
From Harrisburg – 322 west.
Burnham/Yeagertown exit (Clarion Inn “717-248-4961”) turn right to the Ferguson Valley Rd. and follow directions above.
From Mt. Union – 522 north.
At Strodes Mills turn left on to Strodes Run Road approx. 1.5 miles to the Ferguson Valley Rd. turn right approx. 5 miles to Ellen Chapel Church and Ellen Chapel Lane (on your left).
From Selinsgrove – 522 south.
Take 322 west and follow directions above.
NOTE: Food, fuel, lodging, hospital, shopping centers, sporting goods stores etc. within approx. 2-3 miles of the club.
Minimum Equipment List:
- Designated Marksman Capable Centerfire Rifle: Commonly used examples would be derivatives of the AR-15, AR-10, SCAR, FAL, G3, SVD, PSL, AK-74, AK-47, HK-91 etc… or any handy accurate bolt action rifle platform (chambered in any other appropriate battlefield available cartridge) that can be equipped with an appropriate DMR optical sight. Your rifle will need to exhibit: Minimum of 2 MOA accuracy potential (approx. 2″ groups at 100 yards), field ruggedness and field reliability.
- Ammunition: 600 rounds of commercial grade ammo, preferably with standard lead-core copper-jacketed bullets (you may not expend all 600 rounds in this course of fire). Round count will be somewhat heavy, but will vary dependant on the individual’s pace of fire. You may have left-over ammunition.
- NO hard ammo
- NO M855
- NO green tip
- NO steel core ammunition
- NO tracers
- NO API, HEI, etc…
- DMR Combat support components
- Sling, your preference.
- DMR configured optic: we advise fielding an effectively designed BDC reticle for this class, as closely calibrated to your cartridge / load as possible (we suggest optics that use an appropriate variant of the ACSS).
- a field expedient ammunition carrying / load bearing system
- rifle maintenance kit and tools as need for your system and optic
- artificial support such as a bipod, toe support bag etc…
- a ruck or your bug out bag as you would use in a potential “get out of Dodge” situation
4. OPTIONAL: If you desire to try your full fighting combat loadout as you would employ in a kinetic environment, please free to bring it. The optimum individual combat loadout will be 30% of a bodyweight. This will consist of mission essential gear needed to win a fight. For this course, prepare a 4-day load including everything you would need to survive for 4-days. Weather gear, sleeping gear, food, medical gear, NV, Deuce gear, with full load of ammunition loaded into magazines. Bring it if you want to see how it will work out in a DMR situation, our staff will be there to advise you on equipment management.
The following is required prior to attending this X-Ray Level-1 course:
- FULL CITIZENSHIP: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- RXDMR Whiskey (Level-0) or a Certificate of Graduation from a Rex Defense LLC approved entity. Please contact Rex Defense LLC via email at: [email protected] to klept out of the RXDMR Whiskey (Level-0) course.