Designated Marksman Rifle Management
Operating your DM rifle in a kinetic environment requires a mastery of the platform’s function, challenges, and idiosyncrasies. There is a diversity of options available when it comes to rifle selection for DMR application. Whatever cartridge you are running, whether it be a 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO, 5.45×39 or 7.62×39 M43, driving and properly setting up the rifle it is available in will be very important. It doesn’t matter if you are running an AR-15, AR-10, FN SCAR, G3, M1A, or even your reconfigured hunting DMR bolt action rifle, there are basic procedures of equipment management that need to be solidified to master the DMR skillset. In this 1-day course, Rex Defense training cadre will get you squared away with whatever rifle you will be running!
- Full Citizenship: United States of America
- Designated Marksman Capable Centerfire Rifle: Commonly used examples would be derivatives of the AR-15, AR-10, SCAR, FAL, G3, SVD, PSL, AK-74, AK-47, HK-91 etc… or any handy accurate bolt action rifle platform (chambered in any other appropriate battlefield available cartridge) that can be equipped with an appropriate DMR optical sight. Your rifle will need to exhibit: Minimum of 2 MOA accuracy potential (approx. 2″ groups at 100 yards), field ruggedness and field reliability.
- Ammunition: 600 rounds of commercial grade ammo, preferably with standard lead-core copper-jacketed bullets
- NO hard ammo
- NO M855
- NO green tip
- NO steel core ammunition
- NO tracers
- NO API, HEI, etc…
- DMR Combat support components
- sling, your preference.
- DMR configured optic: we advise fielding an effectively designed BDC reticle for this class, as closely calibrated to your cartridge / load as possible (we suggest optics that use an appropriate variant of the ACSS).
- a field expedient ammunition carrying / load bearing system
- rifle maintenance kit and tools as need for your system and optic
- artificial support such as a bipod, toe support bag etc…
- OPTIONAL: a ruck sack or your bug out bag as you would use in a potential “get out of Dodge” situation